A fire gutted a market in Muang district late on Sunday night, destroying about 80 shops and causing an estimated eight million baht in damage, local authorities said.
The blaze broke out about 10.30pm at Chatuchak Phuket market on Phangnga road, which housed mainly clothing, shoes and souvenir shops. There were about 100 stalls in the one-storey building.
No one was killed but a firefighter was slightly injured.
Ten fire trucks were called to the scene and it took firefighters an hour to bring the blaze under control.
About 80 shops were burned out and initial damage was estimated at 8 million baht.
Police are investigating. An electrical short circuit was thought to be the cause of the fire. – Bangkok Post
Feel free to comment on story below