Family’s double tragedy as boy, 10, gets electrocuted as he runs to help his father who had met the same fate while fixing the swimming pool pump after water leaked into power cables.
A 10-year-old boy was killed in a freak double tragedy after running to help his father who had just been electrocuted while fixing their swimming pool.
Andrew Fenwick, 66, had been using a metal wrench to fix the pump next to the pool at their home in Rayong, Thailand.
Mr Fenwick, who was born in the U.K. and had worked there previously had Australian citizenship, was electrocuted by a suspected water leak among the cables.
Jason was killed when he ran to help his father – stepping in a puddle which the current surged through and killed him.
Andrew’s second son Justin, four, witnessed the accident and ran crying into the street for help on Monday at 4:30pm.
His 41-year-old Thai wife, Somrudi Krailob Fenwick, was alerted by neighbours when she returned home before breaking down in tears at the poolside.
‘This is terrible. I’m heartbroken. My husband and son gone at the same time,’ she said at the scene after the accident.
‘Andrew was so confident with tools, he was an engineer. I don’t know how this has happened. I cannot understand it. Life is so cruel to take them both.’
Andrew had been an engineer and worked in the U.K. before retiring to Thailand. He had the two sons with Somrudi.
The four-year-old son who found the bodies alerted security guard Komin Jittiworaphan, 51, who called police.
Rescue workers cut the power supply at the home before officers removed the bodies for examinations.
‘There were two deaths caused by electric shock,’ Police Captain Kaweewuth Boonruang said.
‘According to the investigation, the two dead were father and son of Australian citizenship.
‘The father was repairing the pump of the pool in the pump house next to the pool.
‘The son saw the incident and ran to help not knowing there was a leak and he was electrocuted.
‘He had burns from the fire on his hands, his body and his face.’ – Mailonline